Question
Posted by: Daz | 2004/11/15

How much is healthy

I am a big fan of Sparkles hard boiled sweets. I have about 5 to 10 a day. This contains about 50gs of sugar. I don't have any other form of pure sugar other that that in fruit etc.

Is this bad for me?

Cheers

Dave

Dear Daz
All foods and beverages when ingested in excess can potentially have negative effects. These sweets will contribute 200 cal or 840 kJ to your energy intake and could in time cause you to gain weight. Probably the most negative effect is on your teeth. Make sure that you either brush or rinse your teeth after eating these sweets.