Question
Posted by: Nita | 2007/03/26

How much is enough?

i am 21 years old and i just wanted to start watching what i eat and I would like to know how much is acceptable when it comes to calories and kJ's per meal because its alll confusing to me at the moment.

Dear Nita
Adult women who do not need to lose weight should ingest about 2000 cal or 8400 kJ per day. If you need to lose weight then you would reduce your energy intake to 1500 cal or 6300 kJ per day. The energy intake should be spread over the 3 main meals of the day, so if you are slimming then each meal should provide approx. 500 cal or 2100 kJ.