Question
Posted by: ani | 2005/07/22

How much calories?

Dear dietdoc,

I just want to know what is the calorie intake for a woman that is 1.78m and weigh 77kg to lose weight? And how much calories I have to burn? I'm trying to lose the weight, but its not really working? Thank you.

Dear Ani
Your present BMI = 24,2. To have an ideal BMI of 22, you would have to weigh 70 kg, thus you need to lose 7 kg. You need to reduce your calorie intake down to 1500 cal a day to achieve weight loss. This type of diet would results in a loss of about 0,5 to 1 kg per week - losing slowly and steadily will keep the fat off so that you don't regain it all once you go back to a normal diet.