Question
Posted by: samm | 2005/01/10

how long will it take me?

hey, I need to loose 30 kgs desperately, how many months will it take me if I eat right and excercise everday? I'm just looking for a rough estimation, any info or tips that can help me towards a realistic goal!

Thanx

Dear Samm
To lose weight you need to basically change your lifestyle. Reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss' , ‘The right approach' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). While you are on the ‘Weight loss' site, read about every aspect of slimming (Diet pills, slimming aids, psychological aspects, etc) by surfing on this site. You should lose about 1 kg a week on this diet if combined with exercise remember slow and steady is better for sustained weight loss, than fad or starvation diets. At about 5 kg per month, it will take 5 months to lose 30 kg. Remember that it also took long to pick up that weight.