Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2007/03/26

How long should I wait to be tested

My husband and I are trying to have a baby. What I want to know is how long should I wait before I go buy a home pregnancy test. I know they are not 100% correct, but I don't want to go to a doctor for nothing. I know the first sign is usually a missed period, but it is still about 3 weeks until my next period. Is there a way to know before that??

Dear Jenn

The earliest would be a blood beta quantitative done approxiametly 2 days before the expected period. Alternately a home pregnancy test on the day of your expected bleeding.

2
Posted by: Jenn | 2007/03/26

We haven't been trying very long now, but I'll use your advise. I'll keep an I on my cycle this month for better results.

Reply to Jenn
Posted by: Dee | 2007/03/26

If you are 3 weeks from your next period then that means you havent ovulated yet so it would be of no use to test for pregnancy. You can only fall pregnant during ovulation, which occurs about 12-14 days BEFORE your next period is due or if you have regular 28 day cycles then on day 14. how long have you been trying?

Reply to Dee