Question
Posted by: Me | 2005/07/14

How long should I wait

hi,
I have an irregular cycle, most times its 48 days but a few times I waited as long as 70 days. Its now day 50. My last gynae visit was last month, I was told everything is healthy and I could fall pregnant anytime. Should I take a HPT or wait till after day 70? Also could my asthma reliever medication cause me to miss my period? I would really like to have a baby, but I'm worried I'm getting my hopes up.
Please advise
('',)

With such long cycles, it sounds like you are not ovulating. Have you had this checked?

2
Posted by: Me | 2005/07/15

Hi Shirls
Making an appoinment for a 2nd opinion. Yes I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago, but on my last gynae visit I was told all's clear - from the scan I could see a distinctive difference. That's why he said it could happen anytime now but if it didn't happen by the end of the year I would have to go the fertility route.
Thanks - I had some doubts about his prognosis - will def get a 2nd opinion.
Tah (",)

Reply to Me
Posted by: Shirls | 2005/07/14

if your cycle is already into 50 days youshould be able to test now for pregnancy. if you are not pregnant then you will need to see a gyne to get medication to become regular. Normally cases like this have pcos which needs to be treated in order to conceive. I'm surprised that your gynae said you could fall pregnant anytime now. Thats a load of hogwash. You need to make sure you are healthy enough to conceive and irregular periods is definetly not healthy. Try and see another gynae if possible.

Reply to Shirls