Question
Posted by: WAKE UP! | 2007/08/08

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE 4 U TO REPLY!!??

IVE ASKED NUMEROUS QUESTIONS HERE AND NONE HAVE GOTTEN REPLIES. YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE OFFERING A SERVICE HERE TO VISITORS OF THIS SITE, AND ARE EXPECTED TO RESPOND EFFICIENTLY, NOT WHNEVER YOU FEEL LIKE. THE STANDARD OF THIS SITE IS DROPPING BECAUSE OF THIS SECTION. CYBERDOC AND THE PAEDATRICIAN WHO HAVE THE MOST QUESTIONS A DAY RESPOND PROMPTLY, YET YOU WHO GET VERY FEW QUESTIONS COMPARED TO THEM TAKE THE LONGEST. PLEASE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND DO YOUR JOB!

Hi Wake Up

I'm sorry you feel that way. I will grant you that this week has been a particularly slow one - it's now Wednesday, and yes, I've not been able to answer questions since Monday. So unfortunately you have had to wait two days. the policy, if you must know, is to answer within 48 hours, so I confess, I am a day late. And for that I am very sorry, I do apologize. However, by the time you read this, you will have an answer.

May I just point out that this is not a dedicated job for me, and as such, I have 'bills to pay'. Therefore, when bosses and superiors make a request of my time and impose on me specific deadlines, this is unfortunately the one thing that I have to set aside until later. However, and this may sound hollow to you, this is perhaps only the second or third time in the last 3 years that I have left the forum for more than 3 days. Unfortunately, two such occasion have happened in the last week - I don't wish to explain what the reasons are, but can I just request that you consider the position of being employed by others who make demands of your time and being unable to find time to respond to these questions? If you go back on the forum, you will see that my usual turnaround time is about 12 hours. My day typically begins by logging on and answering questions before work and then when I finish work, I check again and answer questions for the day before. So the result is that I usually do them pretty quickly. The last two weeks have however been very difficult for me and this is the reason I have taken longer. I do apologize.

I also take a great deal of pride in the quality of my answers. I most certainly could answer your questions more quickly, but this would mean cutting and pasting a 3-line answer. Again, if you go back over the forum, you will, I trust, see that I put a reasonable amount of effort into the answers, which I believe are comparable to those of any expert on this forum. You may not agree, and that is fine. I just need you to understand that this is not my "Job". I wish it were, but it's a free service offered to you as a member of the public and I really do my very best to answer the questions as quickly as possible, but more importantly, as well as possible.

ANd I'm sorry that you've had to wait a day longer than usual. If this has happened to you on numerous occasions, which I would imagine are in the last few weeks, then I am doubly sorry. But it does really irk me and anger me that you adopt a tone that is so condescending and aggressive. That doesn't help anyone. So please accept my apology, and I hope you have found your replies. But if you cannot accept this, then perhaps you will find the level of expertise for the same price elsewhere.

Ross Tucker

2
Posted by: Sally | 2007/08/10

I'll second that! Where else do you get great advice like this without spending hours and hours on google? Thank you Fitness Doc!

Reply to Sally
Posted by: anon#2 | 2007/08/10

Dear Fitness Doc - the rest of us thank you for your professional and speedy replies - this is a great forum.

Reply to anon#2