Question
Posted by: Worrybody | 2004/11/08

how long do you bleed for after DNC how soon for intercourse

I have just recently had a dnc about 2 weeks ago. I would really like to know how long you bleed for after the procedure, as well as after the bleeding stops how long until it is safe to have intercourse again.

You should not bleed for more than a few days. You should wait for about two weeks before having intercourse. If you are still bleeding, you should contact your doctor

3
Posted by: tash33 | 2004/11/09

hello everyone

Just had a lap last week Friday but did not bleed much after the procedure. Is it normal to have heavy periods after the op or there is something wrong????

Reply to tash33
Posted by: Sally | 2004/11/09

I bleed for 2 weeks about. My gynae said we can have sex as soon as I feel up to it.

Reply to Sally
Posted by: Nimue | 2004/11/09

Hi Worrybody,

I bled for 2 days after the DNC, as for intercourse your gynae should be able to tell you that. We had intercourse a week after the DNC.

Reply to Nimue