Question
Posted by: PATIENTLY WAITING | 2007/05/08

HOW LONG DO I WAIT UNTIL I OVULATE?

I have been off the pill for 6 months now and have not ovulated yet. I have been told to be patient and wait up to 18 months to fall pregnant but is there any down side to resorting to medication for help at this stage? I don't want to wait another year and then find out that there may be a problem which could take another year to sort out. Any advise would be much appreciated.

You should be ovulating within 3 months of stopping the Pill. If not, there is a problem unrelated to the Pill. If you have had tests and know that you are not ovulating, you should see a gynaecologist.

3
Posted by: MEME | 2007/05/09

You can wait, but I would suggest that you go the your Gynae and ask him to do blood tests to make sure what your hormone levels are and then discuss the matter with him of prescribing hormone tablets once the test results are out

Reply to MEME
Posted by: PATIENTLY WAITING | 2007/05/09

Hi Dee
Had my period (almost regularly) but no ovulation. Been doing ovulation tests every month at various timesand have not had any positive results. No LH surge at all.

Reply to PATIENTLY WAITING
Posted by: Dee | 2007/05/08

Do you mean you havent had a period yet? You should see a doc then, dont waste time by just waiting for things to happen!

Reply to Dee