Question
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/01

How long can you go without sleep?

Two nights and I have had NO sleep!!!...... I feel fine though... but I am worried about the consequences..... I have a damn crap shrink!! He promised to leave the script for me this morning... and he didn't... I need to get off this high through medical means otherwise I am goingto crash into major depression again......... as much as this feels good I am soooooo afraid of what's going to follow..... Anyone ever had this before... and what did you do?.......

..., it's never helpful to one's mental state to go too long without sleep ; the problem with this sort of high is that you'll probably feel fine whether you are or are not. Sorry to hear that your shrink was negligent enough not to provide the script you so obviously need --- call his office and remind them that the Health professions Council would be interested in such acts of negligence. Try Tango's suggestions, too, and even a GP or a hospital Casualty dept should be able to give you a rpescriptiopn, especially if you can take them the empty bottles of your previous medication as a guide to what you need to be taking.
and ... you have ABSOLUTELY no need to apologise --- you are using the forum exacly as we mean it to be used, and you are not chatting at all ! It's the empty chat that delays me in getting to important messages like yours, that gets tiresome. So don't you DARE stop posting your messages !

5
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/01

CS... saw your response re all the chatting... just wanted to apologise ... I am guilty!! It's gotta be difficult wading through all this nonsense... but I must say that it's helped me alot during this crazy time... so perhaps it's not all in vain... anyhow.. I will be stopping the chat as of now.

Thanks for your patience!

Reply to ...
Posted by: ... | 2005/12/01

Tango...that's exactly what I am afraid of!!! Oh well... I'm going to take it one day at a time like Delene suggests... The receptionist / nurse at the shrink's consulting rooms says she is doing her best to get hold him... i think she wishes she had caller identity on her switchboard... so she didn't have to take any more of my calls!! :)

I took sedapain last night thinking it would help me sleep (when i take them for a headache they knock me out)... but no such luck...

I wouldn't be so worried if I had at least a few hours... but nada... zilch... nothing.... i think it's even scarier that i still running around as though i have slept.

Maybe some research needs to be done on my chemicals...lol... they might be able to come up with effect "stay awake" meds! :)

Reply to ...
Posted by: Whattodo | 2005/12/01

I haven't had a good night's sleep in 10 years. My over active brain simply won't allow it. I would kill for a good night's sleep. It's not easy but you get used to it.

Reply to Whattodo
Posted by: Delene | 2005/12/01

yeah ..., it happens to me.
Your local Gp should be able to give you a mild sleeping tablet.
my gp gives me the one pilots use to get them back in routine, so its very mild & doesnt make me feel sleepy the next day.
i only use it when this happen to me.
I dunno the name....

What can you do? Just take it as it comes......When the low strikes, you take it one day at a time, knowing it wont last forever......Hope you get your meds soon!!!

Reply to Delene
Posted by: Tango | 2005/12/01

As far as I know you will eventually crash when your body can no longer cope. Can you not get that script asap? His receptionist must be able to get it. Or, she can get him / her on the phone and they can call your pharmacist to tell them what to prescribe. Hang in.

Reply to Tango