Question
Posted by: K | 2005/07/28

How long before the meds work

I am currently on Depnil (300mg twice a day) and Camcolit - a lithium mood stabiliser (250mg three times a day). I have been taking them for about three months now, but the depression and anxiety are still almost unbearable. How long do I give the meds to work before I demand of my doctor that they be changed.

Something's not going well if you need to ask us, as a good doctor / shrink should be seeing you regularly and monitoring your progress or lack of progress. If your symptoms are still "unbearable" after 3 months on the medication, the situation needs to be re-reviewed, by the doctor / shrink.

2
Posted by: been.there.done.it. | 2005/08/08

I was on 900mg Depnil Daily. This resulted in, among other things, Restless Legs. It was ubearable. My Depression was never alleviated. I am now on Aropax. I am a new person. I am alive again. Depnil for me, was a living hell. Please, Please believe me - there is a tablet out there that will make you better. I have been on no less than 10 different meds. From Lithium to Camcolit, Zoloft, Fluoxetine etc etc. There is hope, but you need to change medication. You can and will be a whole lot better.

Reply to been.there.done.it.
Posted by: Tigerfish | 2005/07/28

Soon now, another month or so... In the mean time, speak to your doctor about it, surely you know that he/she needs to be kept up to date with your recovery process? Why trust strangers on the net when you have expert medical advice at your disposal? This is a serious thing, don't mess around with it, if you feel unsure about the doctor, get a second opinion from another doctor. Hope you are better really soon!

Reply to Tigerfish