Question
Posted by: lala | 2004/11/05

How long before I know?

Good Day,

Please can you tell me how long after sexual intercourse will I know that I am pregnant? When can I take a pregnancy test is 4 days after intercourse too soon?

Thank you so much for reply.

It does not depend on wen you had intercourse, but when your period is due. You have to wait and see if your period comes at the expected time. If not, you can do a pregnancy test then.

4
Posted by: lala | 2004/11/05

Shirls, thank you for your reply! I guess I will just have to excerise patience. I will post my results in about 3 weeks on this message box.

Thank u once again, I really appreciate u're help!

Reply to lala
Posted by: Shirls | 2004/11/05

Lala,

You will have to wait until you miss your next period. it is far too soon to tell if you are pregnant now. Also it depends if you were ovulating at the time of intercourse. If you weren't then it is quite difficult to be pregnant. Also very few people fall pregnant on the first attempt.

Seein that you want to be pregnant, I certainly hope it works out for you! Good luck!

Reply to Shirls
Posted by: lala | 2004/11/05

JJ. but I had my period 1 week before intercourse, does that mean I have to wait for my next period? I can't wait anymore, I am so excited!!!!!

Thank you JJ for your reply!
I really appreciate it

Reply to lala
Posted by: JJ | 2004/11/05

Hi Lala,

A home pregnancy test you can only do 2 to 3 days after missing a period.

Good luck.

Reply to JJ