Question
Posted by: Joshua | 2006/11/10

How long before hormones?

Hi again

I'm real sorry about all the questions!

This is the last question i will ask today :-)

Roughly how long after one has started binding and that sort of stuff does one get put on hormones???
and how expensive are hormones????

Thank-you and sorry again about all the questions

Expert ImageTransgender advisor

No need to apologise for the amount of questions! Really - that's my pleasure to help where I can.

There is no standard answer for that, Joshua. The "first step" of binding is unfortunately no measure of how soon you can start taking hormones. A more accurate measurement will be how and where you are with yourself in this regard. Usually this is a decision your therapist and you need to make together. Your therapist is there to assist you in your journey - like a friend holding your hand all the way.

Luckily for FTMs hormones are not expensive at all - or at least one of the two types. Depotone cost about R30 per ampule, which you will have to inject every second week