Question
Posted by: zee | 2004/11/16

how long after missed period

How long after my period was suppose to start can i take a blood test whish will give a correct indication whether i am pregnant or not

???????

You can have the blood test the day you miss a period.

2
Posted by: Golly | 2004/11/16

I suggest you go for a Quantitative blood test. It is highly accurate. If the bHCG (pregnancy hormone) concentration is above 0.2 units then you are pregnant. Home pregnancy tests only detect the hormone from 20-25 units. The Qualitative blood test (yes/no) is less accurate than the Quantitative blood test, but more sensitive than the hpt.

The qualitative test is most accurate after 5 days of missed period while a hpt is most accurate after 7 to 10 days after missed period. Although these tests can pick up pregnancy early, it is much more likely to give a false negative if used too early.

Reply to Golly
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/16

You can do a test a day after you were suppose to start your period. If you are pregnant it will show positive, although it might be very light.

Reply to Norma