Question
Posted by: Jane | 2008/05/30

How long?

I have tried alot of products before. When the budget allows the next product I am going to use is Nimue (therapist at salon had great sales pitch). I have acne prone skin (suddenly) and very oily with bad complection, blue en brown faded marks.
I understand that diffirent products work with diffirent people.
How long should one use a product before you can expect a change and to know if the product is working for your skin?

Have a nice day...!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jane, thank you for the question.

As a general guideline one should use a topical product for at least two months before a change can be noted. However, if you are treating pigmentation changes may only be noted after four months. The end result is dependent on the strength of the active ingredients used, the age of the skin, and the degree of sun damage.