Question
Posted by: Ricky | 2007/03/16

How long?

How does it take for a person to ovulate after taking clomihexal. For instance in my case I've taken it from CD5 and today Friday I'm on CD7, when will I ovulate? My cycle last month (first round of clomihexal) 32 days but normally it is 26 days.

Thanks in advance.

Dear Ricky

In general ovulation using clomihexal or other such drugs occur unpredictably depending on receptor response and on underlying ovarian function. However, in a patient who regularly ovulates on day 14, then it could be expected that ovulation may occur two or three days earlier. In most fertility institutions, ovulation monitoring begins from about day 9 onwards in a clomiphene citrate stimulated cycle.