Question
Posted by: Micky | 2004/10/12

How long

Hi Doc,

I've been on a three months injection and stopped, i was supposed to go for the second injection on the 28 of Septermber and decided to stop. How long is it going to take before i start ovulating again.

Probably about 6 months but this vary

2
Posted by: Micky | 2004/10/12

I only started it adn didn't continue so it was my first time to use it ... i had that it takes up to 3 weeks but i don't know how true that is

Reply to Micky
Posted by: Kippie | 2004/10/12

Hi Micky
It all depends on your body- we have found on this website that everybody is indeed different and reacts differently to things.
I know that the general answer is anything from 4-6 months and that you can take up to 2 years to conceive if you have been on this kind of contraception.
HOWEVER, I was on the 2 month injection, nuristerate and had my period the very first month after I was supposed to go back for another shot, and I fell pregnant after another cycle.
So, there is hope and it all depends on how you react to being off it.

Take care and all the best

Reply to Kippie