Question
Posted by: Meme | 2004/02/26

HOW LONG????

I have been on the injection for about a year and a half, and on the pill for the last 6 months. I had very irregular periods. I am not taking the pill since mid January, and want to fall pregnant. How long will it take? I know it depends from person to person, but for the last two weeks I have very tender breasts and mood swings. Can it be? I did not have my periods either, only a brownish discharge. Kindly advise !!

It can take up to a year for a normal couple to conceive. If your period is late, check a pregnancy test.

2
Posted by: Wendy | 2004/02/26

Hey Meme

I was also on the injection and was put back on the pill after a year of not getting my periods when I came off. When I stopped the pill I fell pregnant straight away so it is possible but I know most woman do take a few months. The brown discharge does sound unlike a normal period so possibly it is implantation bleeding, why not do a home preg test and see what happens. If you aren't just hang in there, anything up to a year can be expected to fall pregnant.

Good luck.

Reply to Wendy
Posted by: MICHELLE | 2004/02/26

I was in the samew position as you are but now i understand.

If you have only just come of the pill in Jan then your body id only just getting use to being of the pill.

It takes 3 months for you body to get back to normal, but you could be lucky and fall pregnant straight after coming of the pill.

The tender breasts and everything is what i had and that is where your body is getting use to being of the pill but if you have not had a period since Jan then do a test just to see.

It could take from 4 months up to a year to become pregnant after coming of the pill.

Start having sex when you are ovulating at least 2 days before ovuting.

Hopr this help if you want more help please write back to me.

Good Luck

Reply to MICHELLE