Question
Posted by: Shona | 2005/07/02

How important is a scan when using Clomihexal?

I have been ttc for quite a while, and my doc put me on Clomihexal, just for one month. We're going away for a couple of days (round about day 14), and I couldn't get an appointment at my gynae before then to have a scan done. Should I rather use protection then or shouldn't I be so worried about not having a scan to monitor my ovulation. Thanks!

Shona

The scan is to pinpoint the growth of the follicle and the best time to conceive. If you don't have this, there is more guesswork, but certainly go ahead and have intercourse.

2
Posted by: Pokkel | 2005/07/04

You dont need a "proper" appointment at the gynae, you basically tell the receptionists that you are coming for a "day 10" scan to check the follicle. They have to give you an "quick scan" appointment.....
You can then go to the doc first thing in the morning or after work.
You can definitely have intercourse while away as well...

The scan is just important to see if clomid worked for you, and if a follicle was produced....

Reply to Pokkel
Posted by: L | 2005/07/04

Well that is up to you really. The scan is not only to see if it worked but also to monitor over stimulation.

Reply to L