Question
Posted by: TANYA | 2007/03/28

HOW FATTENING IS SUSHI?

Hallo, I would like to know how fattening sushi and shashimi is?
I love those evenings where you can eat as much shushi as you can. I am a raw fish lover. Thank you

Dear Tanya
Any food, no matter how healthy (and fish is extremely healthy food because it is rich in vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fatty acids) or tasty, can make you gain weight if you eat too much of it. There is also the problem that raw fish contains a so-called anti-nutrient which interferes with the absorption of vitamin B1. Thus I would say by all means eat sushi and shashimi in moderate quantities, but not all the time. A varied diet that includes all kinds of different foods is always the best option and one should not concentrate on only one or two types of food.
Enjoy