Question
Posted by: maryna | 2004/11/02

how fast do babies grow inside the womb?

hi?
iam entering my 6month now and its looks like to me iam not getting bigger,should i be worried or what,please anyone some advice on how fast a baby is growing or how big i must be?Please Help?

The best way to assess growth is with ultrasound, where the baby can be measured. How big your tummy looks is not reliable.

6
Posted by: Tania | 2004/11/03

I am 27 weeks now and have started to show round about 24 weeks. But it is amazing how my tummy gets bigger every day!
My other friend has the same due date as me, and she is much smaller than me, although everyone tells me how small I am. so it depends on a lot of factors. If your scans look well and baby is growing according to its age, then you shouldn't be worried.

Reply to Tania
Posted by: Sana | 2004/11/02

francis we are almost at the same time, when r u due, me 1st week of march 2005

Reply to Sana
Posted by: Francis | 2004/11/02

With my second pregnancy I only started showing at 22 weeks (now 24 weeks). With my first pregnancy I was big at 20 weeks.

I think it all depends on the kg's you put on and the way the baby is lying. Don't panic every single pregnancy is different. I was very concerned at 18 weeks because I was not showing. Went to doctor and she showed me my little one - very healthy. I am also growing now by the day and it gets very uncomfortable. You will probably grow overnight. As long as your doctor is happy with the growth of your baby - you don't need to panic.

Enjoy the small tummy.

Reply to Francis
Posted by: Purple | 2004/11/02

You don't really show much before 5 months in a first pregnancy, and then you grow slowly but steadily. In the third trimester, your waistline expands constantly. I found in the last two or three weeks, that I was adjusting the waist of my slacks each time I wore an outfit, and sometimes again at lunch time on the same day.

I showed from about 18 weeks, but at 24 weeks, some people at work had genuinely not noticed that I was pregnant. I've looked back at photographs, and I think they need their eyes tested though.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: DB | 2004/11/02

Hi Maryna

Ek is nou 27 weke en ewe skielik begin ek uitsit. Dit is amper oornag. 'n Mens is ook maar lekker simpel, ek het die heeltyd gehoop my boepie begin groei, maar nou dat ek daar is (en die ongemak skop in...) wens ek hy wil stadiger groei!

Sterkte!

Reply to DB
Posted by: Sana | 2004/11/02

this is my 2nd time around and i always start growing fast at 6months, am not sure of the other ladies

Reply to Sana