Question
Posted by: Shezee | 2004/11/10

HOW FAR AM I REALLY ???

Hi there,

Been to the GP and am preggies. First day of last period was 4th October. So that would make me about three weeks from conception. Been doing some research and understand that it is calculated from first day of last period which would make me just over five weeks. Which of the two is it ???

Also, I am going to see a Gynae on the 26th November, will I be able to hear the heart beat at this early stage ????

Thanks in advance for replies !

Gestational age is calculated from the last period. You should be able to hear the heartbeat at your visit on the 26th.

5
Posted by: Norma | 2004/11/10

Congrats on your pregnancy....
It's really great to hear your baby's heartbeat.... be sure to take a tape with and you can show the familly.
There are so many amazing thing yet to come, best of all, when you hold your angel........... and it doesn't stop there..... it's just so wonderful to be a mommy....

Enjoy

Reply to Norma
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/10

5mg is fine, also remember to take some pregnavit (from any pharmacy) it's about R38. When did you find out that you're pregnant?

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: Shezee | 2004/11/10

Thanks so much for the reply. As I read it I got goose bumps and butterflies and my eyes are welling up !!!

Just the thought of hearing my baby's heartbeat....

Thanks again for the reply !

ps: it is 5mg of folic acid per day ?

Reply to Shezee
Posted by: Jessica | 2004/11/10

I am also 5 weeks and 5 days today, My gynae said I will be able to hear the babies heartbeat in two weeks (from last monday) which is 7 weeks, I am however going again next monday just to see whether the baby is growing, (I already saw it!!!)

Jessica

Reply to Jessica
Posted by: JJ | 2004/11/10

Firstly CONGRATS...

You are 5 weeks 2 days. When you see the gynae you will be 7 weeks so you will be able to hear your babys heart beat.

Once again Congratulations and don't forget to take your folic acid!!!

Reply to JJ