Question
Posted by: Mom2Be | 2005/07/28

HOW FAR AM I??

Good Day Doc/ Anyone who can help

My gynae is confusing me in terms of how far my pregnancy is. According to me i should be 18 weeks pregnant and he told me this morning that i'm 16 weeks. The last time i saw him was on the 1 July he told me i was 14 weeks??? Can he be confused or what.

I had my last periods on the 3 April and had intercourse from the 12-16.

I hope that the other respondents have clarified things for you.

3
Posted by: maybe? | 2005/07/29

it could also be the difference between "gestational age", which is the age from conception and apparently referred to with ultrasounds. the 16 weeks is "menstrual age" or age from last period, the way pregnancy is usually measured.

so, if you're 16 weeks pregnant, your baby is 14 weeks old, i guess. my doc said i should just clarify the difference with my gynae and make sure we're speaking about the same number of weeks.

Reply to maybe?
Posted by: Tina | 2005/07/28

I agree - you are probably 16 weeks and 4 days. If he is determining how far you are with a scan it won't be accurate as different babies grow at different rates. My baby's scans always showed him as 1 week younger than what he was because he wasn't a big baby.

Reply to Tina
Posted by: rs | 2005/07/28

if the first day of your last period was 3 April 2005 then you are 16w4days pregnant.

Reply to rs