Question
Posted by: anxious | 2006/10/30

how faint may the test line be?

I'm not sure if i am pregnant. Missed my period that was due last tuesday. Been getting unusual headches, nipples are rather sensitive to touch. Non0stop-runny nose for a week now. Been constipated but it has sorted itself out. I did i preggy test yesterday. The control line was a very dark red/pink. The test line was very very faint, a light pink. I s this result posiive or negative? With a negative result, should that rest of the strip remain colourless? plz help,mi'm just a bit anxious.. thx

A faint line suggests an early pregnancy.

3

HI I am in the same position as you. Thing is my periods are only due on Wedensday but i was so anxious i did the test on Sat and today. the line is also very faint. Which brand did you use? I use the Clicks one.. I think i will test tom agian and see how it has changed. Mine only change to light pink after about 5/6 min so not quick. YOur chance is good if you have a period tha t is allmost a week late. GO for a test and keep me updated. Hope you get the results you want..

Posted by: SamG | 2006/10/30

Sue is right, normally a faint line is a positive one. However, in my case, I had a faint line and the bloods confirmed that I wasn't pregnant. I really hope you get the answer you're looking for.

Reply to SamG
Posted by: Sue | 2006/10/30

It will be positive, even if the line is very faint, it is still there which means the hormones are present. I would follow this up with a blood test to confirm but usually, a faint line will be considered as positive

Reply to Sue