Question
Posted by: Nig | 2006/07/20

How effective are fat-burners?

Hi, I am rather small and would like to define and build muscle. I follow a low fat diet but will it be a good idea to use something like Phedra-Cut in conjunction with the diet? I have read some scary things about fat-burners, especially ephedra.

Dear Nig
Yes, ephedra has been banned in many countries because of the negative and sometimes fatal side-effects it can have, so rather avoid all products that contain ephedra, epinephrine, pseudo-epinephrine or synephrine. If you are trying to build muscle, the answer is exercise and more exercise. Building muscles takes time so be patient and workout as often as possible with weights (not aerobic exercises that burn fat). Click on 'Fitness' at the top of this page and then on 'Nutrition' and read the articles on 'Diets for Sportsmen and Women, esp the ones on protein, carbohydrates and supplements.