Question
Posted by: ANON | 2007/04/04

How early can one take a pregnancy test?

How early on after sex can a pregnancy test confirm successful impregnation?

Thx for your time.

Expert ImageForumArchive

There are early prediction home pregnancy tests available that claim to detect pregnancy as early as 6 days past ovulation. But in spite of their claims, most are not sensitive enough to guarantee you an accurate result at this point. By 14 days after fertilization (about the time you would expect your period), most home pregnancy tests may be able to detect the hormone in your urine and give you a positive result. In fact, you're much more likely to get an accurate result if you wait until a week after your expected period before testing.

2
Posted by: ANON | 2007/04/04

Thx for quick response and helpful info. I have an extremely erratic cycle, so I have no idea when to expect my period. I guess I'll wait another week (that would take me to 3 weeks after potential fertilization) before taking a test.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: Norma | 2007/04/04

Best is to wait for your period to show, do a test after the first day of missed period.

Goodluck

Reply to Norma