Question
Posted by: MGM | 2004/10/28

How early can a woman notice her pregnancy?

I had sex with my girlfriend between 25 December 2003 and 03 January 2004. We had not seen each other for a year before this. In about seven days she suspected she was pregnant. It turned out to be true. She gave birth to birth to twin boys on 07 September 2004. Was she not expectant when we had sex?

She should have concieved round about the 14th December. Ovulation does not always occur at the expected time though. . Also she may nto have gone into labour exactly at 40 weeks, which would throw out the calculation.The only way to be sure is with a paternity test

3
Posted by: pixie | 2004/10/29

same here - i suspected within days after intercourse. my first test was negative, too early. the second, two weeks later (same week that i was supposed to menstruate) confirmed pregnancy. the first sign was very tender breasts. women usually know their bodies fairly well!

Reply to pixie
Posted by: Blue | 2004/10/28

I'm am siz weeks pregnant now. I suspected I was pregnant a couple of days after sex on a fertile. It was DAYS after sex - I hadn't even missed a period! a missed period about 10 days later was just confirmation. I just felt different and I told my husband that I suspected I was pregnant.

So if you girlfriend has regular periods it is possible that she knew how fertile she was and the symptoms made he more suspicious.

As in Theory said rather do a test than live with all this doubt. Using the birth date of the babies is also not accurates as you do'nt say at how many weeks gestation they were born.

Reply to Blue
Posted by: In Theory | 2004/10/28

25th of December ovulation would give a rough date of birth 16 September, so doubt she was expectant when you had sex.

If you are unsure of the paternity of the children, save yourself stress and get a paternity blood test.

Generally a women is fertile from day 10 - 14 (rough) of her cycle. Day 1 being the first day of her period. Depending on her cycle (some women are as soon as 21 days and some are 35 days).

Reply to In Theory