Question
Posted by: lara | 2007/03/29

How does this sound meal plan

Hi i am on the body for life 12 week program how does my meal plan sound?

Breakfast: oats + water + protein shake

Snack: protein shake

Lunch: slice of bread with cottage cheese and tomato.

Snack: protein shake

Supper: 1portion of protein, 1 portion of carb, 1 portion of veg.

before bed time: protein shake

Dear Lara
As you probably have noticed, I am not really in favour of diet regimens that are not based on a balanced diet plan that contains all the food groups and consists of whole foods instead of shakes. What you must do is to check that the 4 servings of protein shake do not contain more than 1000 cal or 4200 kJ in total (add them up), otherwise you will not lose weight with this programme as you will be ingesting more energy than is required for weight loss. The diet is also totally lacking in adequate quantities of dietary fibre (unless the shakes also contain some fibre?) so that you may find that this makes you very constipated. If you get tired of the shakes (something that can easily happen with shakes), then do change over to a balanced low-fat diet and regular exercise to lose the weight.

4
Posted by: Tracy | 2007/03/30

I read your acticle today about eating on a budget. I'm not so crazy about having lots of Protein and I was pleased when I read that you suggested less proteins. Is there any chance that I can get a copy of this diet plan. I only need to loose about 5kgs, and I have been on weighless but I never got to goal weight and I battled sticking to the exact formula and having to eat a variety of different foods.
Thanks Tracy

Reply to Tracy
Posted by: Visitor | 2007/03/30

Body For Life is a very good diet, you can trust the diet, I lost all my weight with that and have kept it off eversince, The people know what they are talking about - that is the BFL people that is.

Just follow the book and speak to your trainer

Reply to Visitor
Posted by: Kim | 2007/03/29

Your lunch doesnt sound like enough to keep your energy levels up to keep you going throughout the day.
Also, What about friuts and veggies througout the day? not only do they provide you with vitamins and minerals (I know your protein shake gives you this aswell) but also the much needed fibre. You have you eat quite a bit of fibre as too much protein can cause consipation, so much sure your bread and carbs at night are wholewheat/rye and NOT "white" carbs.
Also, if you are having the shake with water, you might not be getting enough calcium, so maybe hve one shake a day with 2% milk (not fat free) or make 2 shakes 1/2 water and 1/2 milk.
Hope this helps!

Reply to Kim
Posted by: Juice | 2007/03/29

You are in deep trouble of experiencing hunger pangs all the time. Being on a diet is a bad thing, having a healthy lifestyle conquers all!

Reply to Juice