Question
Posted by: Charlotte | 2004/10/31

How does one prevent holiday constipation?

I don't normally suffer from laboured bowel movements. In fact, my stools are usually quite loose (in the mornings).

However, I have found that whenever I travel, I almost invariably become constipated. What can I do to prevent this?

I would also like to know whether it would be better to eat fresh fruit or dried fruit (like dried mangoes). I can't drink prune juice, Even 250ml gives me the most awful gas, and makes my stomach rumble for hours, and run like crazy.

Charlotte, the best would be to take lots of water and fresh fruit. As soon as the first signs of constipation start, you can start taking something like Duphalac® Dry. Good luck.