Question
Posted by: Stupid | 2004/01/27

How does menstrual cycle work

How does the menstrual cycle work. The last time i had sexual intercourse, was late November/Early December. I had my last period on the 22 December 2003. Now, it's already the 27th of January and I haven't had my period yet. Is this normal??and when can i expect to have my period??

If you did not have sex after your last period and it was a normal period at the right time, then pregnancy is probably unlikely. However, if your period on 22 December was lighter than usual this could have been an implantation bleed. It would then be advisable to check a pregnancy test.

3
Posted by: www | 2004/01/28

You normally work on the first day of your period as the first day of your cycle.

Reply to www
Posted by: Stupid | 2004/01/27

Thanks for the reply. Does the cycle start again from the 1st day of the period or the last day? And when do i know when I'm ovulating?

Reply to Stupid
Posted by: www | 2004/01/27

Normally a menstrual cycle is 28 days long, but it varies - some people have up to 35 day-cycles and even longer and then you also have people that do not have regular cycles at all, like they'll have a 28-day-cycle, then 32 days, then 26 days. So it's tricky. Each person should have an indication of what their own cycle is like. The best way to establish that, is to mark it on a calendar for a few months, then you'll be able to work out how long your cycle normally is. Ovulation normally occurs about 14 days before the start of your next period.

Reply to www