Question
Posted by: FatTeen | 2004/02/21

How does it work?

Hi, I am 15 and would like to know a bit more about body building. I am quite overweight (about 85kgs) I have heard that fat turns to muscle quickly... Is this true? I don't want big muscles I just want definition. Do you think i should lose weight before building up my muscles?

Expert ImageBodybuilding

FatTeen,

Fat does not and can never turn into muscle. You develop the already exisitng muscle that exists under the fat. You don't need to lose weight before you build your muscles as muscles often facilitate the increasing of the basal metabolism and eventual fat burning.

Get to a gym and consult a Biokineticist/Registered Personal Trainer about a training program that will suit your needs. Ditto for a dietician re: an eating plan.

Keep well,

Conrad Booysen-Biokineticist