Question
Posted by: herbs | 2006/11/08

how does clomid work

I visit this forum everyday and read about everything.I am not ovulating as I have irregular periods.I have been reading about clomid from this forum but not sure what it is or what it does.PLEASE HELP!

It is a drug used to stimulate ovulation by altering your hormone levels.

2
Posted by: Muscleaddict | 2006/11/08

Clomid is an anti estrogen that also stimulates LH (Luteinising hormone) and FSH (Follicle stimulating hormone) production in the hypothalamus. Both hormones play a very important role in sexual reproduction. The harshest side effects are due to it blocking estrogen receptors which results in low estrogen.

Reply to Muscleaddict
Posted by: C | 2006/11/08

Clomid is used to induce ovulation in woman who do not do so naturally. Are you seeing a gynae? Did the doctor establish that you do not ovulate? Surely he or she has suggested Clomid as treatment? You always need to be closely monitored while on Clomid (internal scans) as it could cause hyper stimulation and some other side effects.

Reply to C