Question
Posted by: June | 2005/12/14

How does a gynaecologist check for ovarian cancer

How does a gynaecologist check for ovarian cancer? Can it be picked up in a pap smear? I am worried as I recently had an ovary removed due to it having potentially malignant cyst. Fortunately they weren’t malignant after testing.

Ovarian cancer is very hard to screen for. It cannot be detected with a pap smear. If there is a big cyst it will be felt on internal examination.

1
Posted by: cured | 2005/12/15

I have just replied to the the question on natural progesterone and highly recommend this product but I have only used AIM. I also had cysts a year ago and they have not returned due to this product. As far as I know ovarian cancer is picked up from a pap smear test but can be overlook. Your best precaution is to try the progesterone as this prevents ovarian cancer and breast cancer.

Reply to cured