Question
Posted by: snoopy | 2008/01/03

how do you motivate your patients

I realy struggle to stick to a diet. I follow the weighless diet on my own (did not join- too expensive) ,but i really struggle to stay motivated. I feel like giving up after a day or two. My BMI is 31. How do you keep your patients motivated?

Dear Snoopy
You do realise that YOU are the only person on earth who can decide that you want to lose weight and do something about it. If you are not determined to stick to your diet and exercise programme, no one else can do this for you. It is a pity that you can't join Weigh-Less because the structure of their weight loss programme provides for weekly encouragement and support which some dieters need to succeed. You could do a Search on the Internet for Innertalk who sell motivational tapes and CDs which may help you. Research has shown that dieters who also exercise feel more positive about their diets and tend to stick to the regimen more closely, so do try adding at least 30 min of aerobic exercise a day to your regimen. Skip or do brisk walking to stimulate your metabolism.