Question
Posted by: gers | 2007/12/20

how do you know?

how do you know if your depressed?

maria has answered very comprehensively. Also search for articles on Depression within H24 !

3
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/21

Eish Dolls, I certainly have no ambition in that direction and my feet can't fill CS's shoes... I answered from personal experience, and cut-and-paste the list of symptoms.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Dolls | 2007/12/21

CS be very afraid, seems like Maria is going to replace you, lol :) well explained Maria thank you.

Reply to Dolls
Posted by: Maria | 2007/12/20

If you google Depression you will find lists of symptoms. To be diagnosed with depression you must have had some symptoms, for most days in the last 2 weeks. Symptoms vary from person to person, but can include:
* Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" mood
* Feelings of hopelessness, pessimism
* Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, helplessness
* Loss of interest or pleasure in hobbies and activities that were once enjoyed, including sex
* Decreased energy, fatigue, being "slowed down"
* Difficulty concentrating, remembering, making decisions
* Insomnia, early-morning awakening, or oversleeping
* Appetite and/or weight loss or overeating and weight gain
* Thoughts of death or suicide; suicide attempts
* Restlessness, irritability
* Persistent physical symptoms that do not respond to treatment, such as headaches, digestive disorders, and chronic pain

If you think you are depressed, see your doctor or psychologist for an assessment and treatment. It can be treated very successfully.

Reply to Maria