Question
Posted by: anja | 2006/07/13

how do you know

How do you know if someone is alesbian I know you get the ladies that looks butch but I have seen very pretty ones with these butch ones, I would like to get to know lesbians

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Anja and welcome to the forum. Thanks for posting.

You can't necessarily identify lesbians (or gay men) by their appearance. Just as you can't identify good or bad people based on appearance. A valid suggestion from Nikki - go to lesbian and gay social spaces if you want to meet women.

7
Posted by: Smiley | 2006/07/14

Hey again Anja.

I'd probably say you are right on that one as well.. **wink**

I'm also in PTA, and if you want to go out and meet lesbians, the best place to go would probably be Senate if you do club stuff. The people there are very friendly.

Thing is, its easier to go there and know that people are lesbians, than just looking down the road and trying to see if you can spot the lesbian. Most of the lesbians I know are very pretty and feminine, so you won't know until you get to know the people.. (",)

Reply to Smiley
Posted by: Myrna | 2006/07/14

you're right on that score Anja *wink* come to CT we've got loads of pretty lesbians to look at!

Reply to Myrna
Posted by: Anja | 2006/07/14

Sorry if I offended you guys didin't know how else to ask for the difference, why I am curious, I heard the best sex/life partners are lesbians. I live in Pretoria

Reply to Anja
Posted by: Smiley | 2006/07/13

Hope I didn't come across as being attacking or anything. (",) but like Nikki said, its usually jumping on the back foot when someone makes a statement like that.

On the other hand, if you just really want to get to know lesbians and so, then going to a club is a really good idea. In what area are you?

Reply to Smiley
Posted by: Nikki | 2006/07/13

Anja, your lack of knowledge clearly landed you in some hot water LOL .... never mind, I think I know where you are coming from and just want some innocent questions answered.

FIrst I would suggest you look at public places, like clubs where gay and lesbians hang out and get to know some of the girls just like you would get to know any other female friend.

We are no different from heterosexual people when it comes to looks etc, we just have a specific sexual orientation.

Yes, this world can be touchy, but with all the condemnation going on in the world, I dont think you can blame us for constantly having to defend ourselves.

Post here again ......... xxxxxxxx

Reply to Nikki
Posted by: Smiley | 2006/07/13

Why would you like to get to know lesbians specifically?? Do you think they are any different than any other people you meet?

I really think you are typecasting people here. Lesbians, like all other people, come in different shapes, sizes, styles and looks.

Reply to Smiley
Posted by: DLB | 2006/07/13

Who are you to say that quote "butch" woman are not pretty. I'm not even a woman and I find that offensive. You cant tell who is gay unless they tell. Many "feminine" guys are not gay. The same is true for lesbian woman.

Reply to DLB