Question
Posted by: All alone | 2005/07/06

How do you do it?

How do you forget about someone that you so intensely loved that you would give anything and everything to that person. And would and did everything to be with him.
He is my whole world. His face, his smile, his ways with me, the things he said and did. and i cant see myself without him. But i have to let go...
How do i do it. how do i let my mind and heart let go?/

Pls help me!

Excellent answers all round

4
Posted by: Me | 2005/07/06

We are in the same boat girlfriend, for the past 6 years of my life, I've been taking off my clothes for him, and only him, kissed only him, loved only him despite how he hurt me. I just wanda if I will do it alone. I know the break up is good for me in the long run, so I promised my self to take it one day at the time.

I have EAP at work... and I phoned them yesterday, I spoke to one of the councellors who really made me feel so much better, and even gave me his personal details if I need to talk again. So get yourself a person you can talk to when ever you are feeling down. As Star says, people have been there at some stage and survived. We will survive!!!

Reply to Me
Posted by: All alone too | 2005/07/06

Hi there,
I am in the same boat, except the love is still strong both ways, we just could not see eye to eye. We have been tugging back and forth, up and downs for the past 5 years, and now? Well, I have decided to make a clean break, even though it's tearing me apart. The wings of love was there, but all the other important stuff that is supposed to keep a marriage together was missing. And without that there is not really anything anyway. I now see love as a state of mind, believe it or not, it will get better. I have been on the healing road for three days now and it is getting better by the hour. Hang in there, i know it's easier said than done, but don't stare to long at the door that closed behind you, you might miss the one opening in front of you. Good luck and keep well!!

Reply to All alone too
Posted by: enigma | 2005/07/06

believe me.............i had to do the same thing with my girlfriend who i went out with for 10 years. she was my life, my everything. I was totally devastated. i couldnt survive. But guess what, here i am 2 years down the line, and i am much better off, even when i was with her. my life has changed for the best............ you will get through, i promise you.

Reply to enigma
Posted by: Star | 2005/07/06

One day at a time, what do you do when someone dies? The only reason this is harder cose we know we can pick up the phone to hear his voice, or get in the car and drive there, or the worst of all bump into him and his date for the night. Make a clean cut and it might not be easy but you will feel better faster.

Good luck, we've all been there at one stage and we all survived!!!!

Reply to Star