Question
Posted by: Lee-Anne | 2007/07/12

how do you change?

Hi CS,

My marriage is falling apart.......
I dont want to lose my husband but the problem is i am stubborn.
I fight with him about everything, and i dont know why.

I am a stubborn person, i am also controlling an want everything to go my way.....it is my faultmy marriage is falling apart because of the way i am.

How do i change?

I dont know where to start, we have been for some marriage counselling but it has not helped because i cant seem to change my thought patterns and beliefs of how things should be.

The mariage may very well be suffering due to the way you behave, and personal counselling / therapy, especially fo the CBT format, could help grteatly, to enable you to behave in more fruitful ways. It is best designed to change your thought patterns and habits of thought where these are unhelpful and where they contribute to your unhappiness. HEN maybe some marriage counselling would have a better chance to work