Question
Posted by: JJ | 2005/12/08

How do you build self confidence ?

I have a low self esteem, is there something I can do to boost it ?

See a CBT ( COgnitive-Behaviour Therapy) oriented counsellor and you can certainly achieve this

2
Posted by: Mz Candy | 2005/12/08

Look into every room in your house (go within yourself) and see what you find. You'll be surprised as to just how much we take for granted yet there's a whole lot more people out there with nothing to eat. Some are innocently dying of hunger. Everyday so many people get injured in car accidents, hijacks etc. Yet somewhere out there the whole lot of us still find room for self-pity. Yes this is part of life but there is always something that will put a smile on your face again. So keep your chin up because there's a light at the end of each tunnel.

Reply to Mz Candy
Posted by: twink | 2005/12/08

i wish i knew that answer. it would solve alot of my issues. all i can suggest is pick one thing about yourself that you like, whether it be physical or not, and tell yourself that no-one else in the world has what you have.

i know that i have pretty eyes, and i tell myself that no-one else has my eyes (lame, i know), and it works for me.

but if all else fails, try and figure out what it is that's bringing you down, and work on it.

good luck x

Reply to twink