Question
Posted by: cleaning out | 2011/01/06

How do u convince your family you are clean??

I had a terrible childhood I have no bond with my mother. After a 2 traumatic deaths in my family one comitted suicide infront of me then my cousin were murderd. i started using drugs. I had my own perfect family. 3 children a great husband, and a great job. Somehow i did this socialy with friends and in private with out anybody knowing. I did this for about 5 years. I used cat, cocaine, perscription pain killers, and sleeping pills to fall asleep at night after all the cat.

I quit my job out of stupidity, and lost my hold on life. About 2 years ago I just got up and quit the drugs. I still use sleeping pills but no more drugs. It was hard, I did it alone, no rehab, cold turkey. But somehow it got out. My mother went bolistic. She was never a mother to me! It had nothing to do with her. Maybe she even had a hand in me falling apart.

Last night she phoned me, and told me i am an incompotend mother. She has a witness who saw me sniffing a line on old years eve. I was dumbstruck. She shouted like a mad person, I tried to defend myself but to no avail.

I ask myself why do i try so hard to proof that i am clean? My kids are with this women at het moment. Till school start. I don''t want to deny any more. I can''t take it anymore. I even offered to be be tested just to proof once and for all. But my mom amd dad would rather believe a stranger who''s name they won''t give up than believe me.

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Hi there, thank you for your post. Recovery is about doing it for yourself first and foremost, and unfortunately the people we hurt with our using take a while to trust us again. But keep working at it and for support I suggest going to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting, you will be made to feel very welcome there. NA is the best way to maintain your recovery. You can find a local meeting at www.na.org.za. Wishing you peace and serenity in 2011.

1
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011/01/06

Reply to Addictions expert