Question
Posted by: Wonder | 2004/11/08

How do the male divorce figure end up.

I am already divorce for 2 years. At the time of my divorce my x – wife went and see a loyer to get a divorce. She then came to me with the divorce contract and we discuss it together on how it should be. At the time of the divorce I had so many financial things to pay for her and the children to get settled in a place. I could not afford to get a loyer. At that time I could not affort the maintenance I was paying, and so got rid of my motorcycle I had as to be able to keep my house. I could not keep up with the payment of my motorcycle. In my contract of devorch I was nailed with a term stating I must encrease the maintenance of the children with a 10% each year. I did it for the last 2 years. My salary increases was only 5 % for the last 2 years. I am at a stage where I could not keep up with the living as it is. I went this year back to the court as I told them I couldn’t keep the maintenance going as it is. I still did not have a loyer again. After 5 hours in court and a judge not even looking at my stuff. Did not take any thing in consideration, I walked out there paying 10% more maintenance.
For the last 2 years I saw my children every second weekend and we do have a great relationship. But my x – wife is so on me all the time that I just want to get rid of all of them. I just want them to get out of my life. I will pay my maintenance but never want to see them again.
The fact is, you pay to some one some thing you cannot affort. So in your mind you want it out of your life because of the fact that it is like a big parasite onto you. I do not mind paying maintenance to the children, but be reasonable. There is no way I am going to stay in a garage as to look after my x….. I am an artisan working at an factory for a boss. I am not rich and have a lot of money. I am earning a normal artisans income.

Where do men end up in situations like this????? I was thinking of stop paying the maintenance and rather go to jail. As with this at the moment it will in any case end up like that. So if I do it now or later it does not matter. Is there any guy out there that can tell me what happened when he stopped paying maintenance. I am willing to stop paying it, go to jail and tell them I have nothing to live for….. They can do what they want.

I'm no lawyer, but shouldn't you explore whether there isn't someone at the Maintenance COurt who you can speak to who will listen to your problem ( a 10 % increase in maintenance is nonsense, with inflation running lower than that and a guy getting only a 5 % pay rise ). There should be a way to get this changed and more reasonable. And as Bull says, see about Legal Aid, and if you have a university with a law school near you, they should have a fre law clinic which could help, too.

2
Posted by: wonder | 2004/11/09

My werklike verdienste sonder oortyd is R7500.00. EK petaal n R1000.00 / kind. Ek petaal dan nog 60 % van die skool fonds wat uit werk op R471.00 plus ek petaal 60% van die klere skoolklere en hulle sport. Wat as n mens ophou petaal. Ek weet hulle sit jou in die tronk. Maar weet julle waar draai dit miskien.

Reply to wonder
Posted by: Bull | 2004/11/08

Wonder, moenie moed opgee nie. Miskien moet jy na 'n onderhoudshof toe gaan of na "Legal Aid" toe sodat jy gratis 'n prokureur kan kry. Ek kan nie glo dat hulle geld van jou kan verwag as jy dit regtig nie kan bekostig nie.
Probeer om die onderhoud minder te maak. Mens kan tog nie bloed uit 'n klip tap nie.

Hoeveel onderhoud betaal jy nou? En hoeveel kinders het jy? Werk jou eksvrou?

Sterkte.

Reply to Bull