Question
Posted by: Sweets | 2008/06/23

how do I trust again? Do I keep him?

I have always been a 1 man woman and needed a 1 woman man. All the relationship I ended were because there was another woman involved. I even divorced my husband because of his cheating. Now yesterday I saw my boyfriend of 18months with another woman. DO i stay or do I go??

There is strictly no recipe for "how to trust again" as there are too many variables involved, relating to each of you within a relationship. Personal counsellign could help you get things into perspective and brush up your relevant skills. As for seeing your current bf with someone else, surely you owe it to both of you to calmly discuss this with him, and discover what is going on ?

2
Posted by: Just me | 2008/06/23

Do you know why he was with this other woman? How do you know if he and this other woman are more than “friends” ?...18 months is not long enough to get to know someone…But if your gut feeling tells you he is being dishonest…then he most probably is….My advice…don’t get too involved…don’t have high expectations…cos if you find out that he is really cheating..you won’t feel too bad.
Good luck…hope you find happiness.

Reply to Just me
Posted by: Kay in Gtown | 2008/06/23

I think it's perfectly reasonable of you to expect fidelity in your relationships. Perhaps you should talk with him about the other woman and ask him what he was doing and tell him what you saw. It's going to be up to you, but if he was cheating, I wouldn't blame you if you left, and held on to your sense of self-worth. If you offer fidelity, you deserve to receive it back. Best of luck with a painful decision...
Kay

Reply to Kay in Gtown