Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2006/07/12

How do i move on?

Hi CS

I posted about my dads death about a month ago. CS i cant seem to move on or let go. It was 40 days yesterday that he died and my heart aches everyday.

I dont know how to move forward, how to let him go. I cry everyday...some days until i throw up.....I have lost faith in my religion, God, and i feel like a hollow vessel moving thru life.

How long does this grieving process take? I keep thinking about how the doctors screwed up and it angers me to no end. I want those doctors to experience the pain they caused me and my family. My father would have been so angry at how vindictive i feel but i cant help it.

I dont want to feel this way. I want to smile when i think if him, not be reduced to a sobbing wreck everytime......Any wonderful words of wisdom?? Please none of that...'It happened for a reason crap'....lol....

Sandy, grief is hard work and long work. Inevitably. But DO see a counsellor to make this frieg work more productive and to work through your understandably bitter feelings towards those who did not treat him properly --- such bitterness is of no benefit to you or him.

2
Posted by: Sandy | 2006/07/12

Blakbird....i dial his phone so i can hear his voicemail....

Some people say it gets better...others tell me it'll still get worse....i dont know...

but i feel better after i had my breakdown earlier....

Thanks for listening/reading, taking the time to respond:-)

Reply to Sandy
Posted by: blackbird | 2006/07/12

It has been a year since my dad died. i still griev every day, well i think so. i think of him every day. i still catch myself dailing his number on my cel phone, i still have'nt removed his number from my phone, cant bring myself to do it.

i still miss them/him. will i ever stop grieving. Dont know, with time the pain gets better. Spoke to some of my friends who's parents are long gone and they to say with time it gets better, but you never forget them or realy mape peace with them going.

best of luck.

Reply to blackbird