How do I minimise water retention? Ive` noticed that about the 10 days before my menstration I have some serious bloating and
pick up at least 2kg every month at this time - I dont` want to ask cyberdoc as I dont want to take pills for this, I believe alot can be cured or minimised by what we eat and how we excercise right?

Thanks for your time and for answering our posts so much sooner
than the other experts - im sure we all appreciate this!

Dear Anon
Thank you for your kind words - you have made my week! If you suffer from PMS which includes water retention then firstly read the article I have written on this subject. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and read article 57 'PMS and diet' to obtain tips on what you can do to prevent these PMS symptoms. The use of vitamin B complex supplements, omega-3 fatty acid capsules, a high potassium intake (lots of fresh fruit and veg), moderate exercise and not overdoing water intake can all help. In addition you could use dried juniper berries (buy at health shop). You take 1 teaspoon of these berries and boil them up in 1 cup of water to make an infusion which you can drink 2-3 times a day (discard the berries). The juniper berries are a mild diuretic.
I hope this helps you to overcome the water retention.

Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/08/01

Avoid caffeine and buchu or primrose oil tablets from vital help as well.

Reply to Kasandra