Question
Posted by: crickettania | 2006/11/11

how do i lose weight by x mas ?!?

I am desperately trying to lose as much weight as i possibly can by this Christmas!!!! Not only so that my family is more accepting of me but also so that i can look at myself and know that i achieved this without the help and excessive interference of my family.

i am currenntly finishing my matric exams in jhb and am increasing my daily excercise where i can .
I am trying to eat the right foods but dont really know what is "good food" and what is "bad food". my mom and more so my dad also have weight issues . my is trying to lose weight but dad does not care .

PLEEEEEASE HELP ME

Dear Crickettania
First finish your matric exams because this is more important that stressing about weight! Once you have completed the exams which I hope will be successful, then I would suggest you reduce your energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increase your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life). This diet can be used by the whole family including your Dad. The exercise is vital esp in a young person because you will find that it makes you stick to your diet, improves your mood and helps with the weight loss.
Good luck with the matric

1
Posted by: Mike | 2006/11/11

Hi crickettania,

You say that your parents are both overweight, but that you think they will be more accepting of you if you lose weight????
U need to lose weight for yourself !!!!!!!
I'm not sure how much you need to lose in the 6 weeks left until christmas. But you could lose 1kg a week or 6kg over 6 weeks.
Exercise will help espescially cardio(walking,running,cycling or stepping) coz this burns fat.
As you know you have to eat healthy too. Not sure what you eat at the moment, but to lose 6kg's you'll have to cut out chips, fizzy drinks, cakes,doughnuts,sweets, cut down on sugar, salt.
Eat 3meals and 3 snacks. Try and eat low-fat or fat free products.
Good luck !!!!

Reply to Mike