Question
Posted by: Chameleon_boy | 2007/04/17

How do I live

I am 25, gay and i am not sure any more... or rather was i ever sure? i am in a relationship with a man 10 years my senior for over a year now... and he is the only 1 that knows.... him, his mother and me... i want to share my love and my happiness with every one... he keeps going on about meeting my parents... i cant... i know how my parents feel... how do i handle this? or am i not gay enough to come out and tell my parents?

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Chameleon-boy and thanks for posting here.

You may want to spend a bit of time thinking about what it is about you - yourself - as opposed to other people that is making it so difficult for you to come out. Is it possible that you feel ashamed of being gay? That being gay somehow makes you inadequate? If so you could benefit from a process of counselling.

Good response from Boyboy - how about coming out to a close friend or someone else you really trust?

2
Posted by: Jack Noir | 2007/04/17

You are the only person that you have to think about and that have to be happy with :)

Reply to Jack Noir
Posted by: Boyboy | 2007/04/17

How about starting off by telling one of your close friends who you can trust? The first time may be hard (although it's simple really - you just gotta say, "btw I'm gay"), but you need to get the ball rolling.

Reply to Boyboy