Question
Posted by: julie | 2005/07/11

How do I know

Hi. I wonder if u could help me ? I am a very strong person by nature and domineering .I alway have been. I have a high pressurised job in management level. And I thrive on pressure. BUT lately I am breaking down for no reason. I just seem to cry. I feel like I cannot handle anything any more.
Am i having a nervous break down or what ? How do u know when one has a nervous break down?

Julie, it sounds like you might just be overworked and under played. It might also be due to depression or of course, anxiety. The best would be to take a break if you haven’t done so recently and if you think it might be due to depression, to mail me at CyberDoc@mweb.co.za so that I can send you something I wrote on the DIY diagnosis of depression. You can also drop CyberShrink a line as this is more his field of expertise than mine. Good luck.