Question
Posted by: hurting | 2007/06/21

how do I heal a broken relationship

I was seeing this guy who means allot to me, we somehow lost one another, through confusion and disagreements.
how do I heal a heart I have hurt. I just want my friend back.
I never realsied how much he meant to me until we started figthing and this was nearly a month ago. I miss him terribly but it seems like we cant stand one another at the moment. we agreed to be friends but it seems like we are either just filled with anamosity or anger, we try and talk but end up fighting, we are both stubborn but I want to work this out. I am really hurting and I think he is too. How do I say I am sorry, that I miss you and want to be your friend.

You heal the hurt in part by being realistic. If a friendship has for whatever reason been lost and is over --- accept the fact that it is over. If one insists on pining for something you cannot have, you condemn yourself to remaining miserable. Trying immediately to be friends after an angry breakup is unrealistic, too. Take much more time out and sort out your own feelings before trying to get back together, if at all. A nd after this experience, if you two do later MUTUALLY decide to get back together, sart with relationship counselling to see if you can sort out your differences, or it is very likely that exactly the same problems will re-surface