Question
Posted by: angela | 2007/06/11

how do I handle this?

My husband and I have a wonderful relationship. We love each other very much and have 2 children. He wants to put a TV in our bedroom and I can't fall asleep with the TV on. We already tried to do it a few years ago and I was miserable as I wasn't getting any sleep. To me he is being selfish as we already have a TV in the lounge. In my eyes, a bedroom is for sleep and not for watching TV. How do I handle this situation as he is just itching to put the TV in and I want to just scream!!!
Thanks very much
Angela

Well, for a start, why does he want a TV in the bedroom ? To watch before going to sleep, or to go to sleep to ? Is the problem that he stays awake later than you, watching TV, and thus keeps you awake ? If so, then he should limit his viewing to the lounge. But have you discussed thiswith uim ? What reason does he give for ignoring the problems this could cause you with your sleep ?

4
Posted by: maybe | 2007/06/11

maybe he would like to watch some adult movies with you, or movies that have scenes that have an age restriction considering the fact that you have kids...

Reply to maybe
Posted by: Echelle | 2007/06/11

Yeah, agree with blondie... Would be nice to sit under the blankets and watch tv together BEFORE you go to sleep

Reply to Echelle
Posted by: Carol | 2007/06/11

My husband and I allso have a tv in our room because it is so cold in winter where we live. Most the time he switches it off when he is done, and keeps the volume at a reasonable level so that I can sleep. The occasional slip up can be expected when he himself falls asleep with the tv on....suppose he is only human. I agree with blondie try compromise!!!! You will probably end up enjoying the comfort of watching tv in a warm bed.....I know have when it is cold.....

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Blondie.. | 2007/06/11

I agree - a bedroom is for sleeping and resting..

Would you be able to compromize? i.e. he only watches tv until you want to go to sleep?

Reply to Blondie..