Question
Posted by: June | 2007/12/10

How do i handle myslef?

I am very young, on anti-depressants for n few years now.
I am seeing a doc at this moment but it seems that his not getting me. I have so much anger in me and have no idea were it comes from. It begins were I say horrible things to myself, I have a really bad self image, but suddenly, I was always very optimistic and more that happy with myself now all has turned around. I get insecure and then suddenly it turnes into anger and irritation almost so bad i hit the wall. What is going on with me and what do I do?All this bad tension and moods is turning my relationship with someone I love deeply apart. And I hate myself even more for that.
I see everything in a negative light, cant remember when i last had fun without worrying about unimportant things and smiled without being fake.
My head don't seem to work well with me at the moment, I really do hate myself but not really suicidal.

Please help
Thanx

Have you discussed these anger probl;ems with your doc ? If not, you should do so. Its not clear to me wither the doc you are seeing is a GP or a shrink --- if a GP, maybe ask to be referred to a good local shrink, with whom it will probably be easier to talk about the anger and other issues.

4
Posted by: lily | 2008/01/03

my boyfriend suffers from depression, and add. i have been on the internet trying to understand what its all about..ure symptoms sound a bit like his, he is always irritated and anxious, but hides it very well. he has also been on anti depressants since the age of 15, his 23 now.i find it so difficulf for me to understand what he is going through, i wish i could do something to make it all go away.he tried going of the meds once, but it just made him worse, but he has now got to a point where he doenst want to depend on those to make hi happy, so what does he do? sorry, this isnt about me, but its about someone i care darely for..

Reply to lily
Posted by: June | 2007/12/11

Another thing.

I have been treated for depression on anti-depressants since 15years old, i am now 22.
The Psychiatrist says that I have the whole thing of having depression in my head and was something I learned/took in.
He says he is now treating me for PTSD witch it makes sense.( he specialize in a few things)and he comes highly recommended.
I have these moment and sometimes thought that I could be a little bit bipolar due to some symtoms.
I am very confused: Treated for depression almost my whole teenage life, now someone says I have been incorrectly diagnosed and I really feel lost.

Reply to June
Posted by: June | 2007/12/11

I am seeing a Psychologist and Psychiatrist.
The Psychiatrist is helping me manage my time and life with time-table and other so I can have more stability and variety in my life.
That is not the reason I went to see him, I went to see him for the reasons I told you.He hasnt asked me any history and I really feel that I should talk about it.I know that if I learn to balance my life it will help but I do not think it will get rid of the insecure feelings and other. I am trying not to see him at the moment because I have no medical aid and already have a big bill.
Thank You

Reply to June
Posted by: Tango | 2007/12/10

When you are saying you are seeing a Dr at the moment - what kind of Dr is it? A GP, a Psychologist or a Psychiatrist?

You need to be seeing one of the latter two. If you feel its not helping then go to another Specialist for another opinion.

Reply to Tango